If you are an existing member and would want to renew your membership for next year, take advantage of the early bird membership renewal and pay for next year's membership at current membership fee rates! This offer is for existing paid-up members only, and early bird membership renewals are only possible from 1 October to 31 December.
The BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria Committee cordially invites you to become part of the growing number of members of our Club.
The BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria exists as a means of enjoying safe yet stimulating riding experiences. It also provides a social forum for members to interact with like-minded motorcyclists who are friends of the BMW marque.
The BMW Motorcycle Club of Pretoria, South Africa is open to anyone that shares a passion for the BMW motorcycle brand and that wants to share that passion with similarly-minded individuals.
Club membership has the following benefits:
- Meet and interact with people that share the same interests and motorcycling passion
- Monthly club social meetings
- Monthly club rides - road or GS
- Join longer trips across the country
- Participate on an active club forum
- Attend training and track days
- Earn your Extreme Rider award
- 1st class club regalia
- Discount on selected goods at certain dealers
Our vision is "shared riding pleasure" with the mission "to foster fellowship, through the safe, supportive and responsible riding and enjoyment of BMW motorcycles, in a courteous manner" and thereby have the following objectives:
- attract BMW riding members, friends and supporters of the BMW marque to join the Club
- retain existing members
- use a procedure of welcoming new members and friends
- cater for all classes of BMW motorcycles
- facilititate interaction between club members on a social and mutually supportive basis
- encourage families to participate in Club activities
- provide / organise rider competency training
- foster the use of protective rider clothing and equipment
- provide / organise training in all appropriate related areas
- ensure safe group-riding practices
- provide a communication base to create a community of members
- maintain existing internal communication structure including a notice board
- migrate to e-mail and internet medium to service members
- facilitate co-operation with existing BMW Clubs Africa structures
- encourage members to be active in Club activities
- maintain superior standards in all Club activities
- run Club administration on sound business principles
- support fellow riders in need
- organise a full calendar of rides and other interesting events
- link into 3rd party ride event organizers
- be of assistance to fellow road users in the case of need or emergency
- comply with the rules of the road in all practicable ways
The Club meets socially normally on the first Friday of each month at 18h00 at the premises of Bavarian Motorcycles, Centurion, 19h00 we start with clubs related activities and announcements related to the month events and future rides. A monthly ride is held on the Sunday following the Social along a route facilitated by a club member. The Club organizes weekend rides to various destinations and as an affiliated member of BMW Clubs Africa, a countrywide organization, members are welcome to join in at any event presented by a sister club.
There are quite a number of off-road enthusiasts in our Club and these members often experience very interesting rides "off the beaten tracks" using back roads.
Membership is open to any one interested in the BMW marque. In other words, you do not have to own a BMW motorcycle, or any motorcycle, to enable you to join the Club.