There are four awards:
- Alphabet Challenge Rider
- Alphabet Challenge Pillion
- Dusty Alphabet Challenge Rider
- Dusty Alphabet Challenge Pillion
1. Only towns/places outside a radius of 100km from Clubhouse are selected. (No places in Gauteng).
2. The applicant must have ridden a motorcycle from home base to each of the 24 places chosen from the lists provided, according to the following rules:
a. General rules:
- Only towns and places visited from 1 September 2011 will be eligible for this award.
- The same motorcycle does not have to be used for all 24 places.
- Any number of places may be visited per trip, from home base and back.
- There is no time restriction.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of the Club in good standing, with a valid membership at the time of the ride(s) to each of the 24 places.
- The applicant must have been a member of the Club for at least one (1) year / 12 months at the start of the trip. *
- No awards will be posted to applicants. Awards will only be presented at Club meetings and must be collected by the applicant in person or by a representative. The applicant must collect the award within three (3) months after the award has been approved. *
* New rules applicable as of 1 August 2013.
b. Alphabet challenge:
- Ride to any combination of 24 places from the tar and/or dirt town list for the Alphabet Challenge Award.
- One place from each of 24 alphabet categories from either the tar and/or dirt towns.
- All eight provinces must be covered – at least 2 places in each province must be visited.
c. Dusty Alphabet challenge:
- Ride to 24 places from the ‘dirt town’ list for the Dusty Alphabet Challenge Award.
- One place from each of 18 alphabet categories from the list of dirt towns; the remaining 6 towns can be from any alphabet category.
- All seven provinces must be covered – at least one place in each province must be visited.
3. Photographic proof, showing the motorcycle in question, rider, and a recognizable landmark must accompany the application. It has to be a clear image of rider/pillion & motorcycle at a sign depicting the places visited. It can be a picture of a shop/police station/etc. where the name of the place is visible or a petrol/shop slip from that place. If there is no visible sign, a picture of the GPS coordinates will also be accepted.
4. Planning your ride and riding your plan is at own risk. The Committee and Rides Committee take no responsibility whatsoever.
5. Submit your application form to the Committee for approval once you've visited all 24 towns/places according to the rules and regulations. The decision to make the award is entirely at the discretion of the Committee.
Lists of places:
- Alphabet Challenge – see the spreadsheet Alphabet Challenge FINAL LIST of Towns.
- Dusty Alphabet Challenge – see page 2 of the Application Form: Dusty Alphabet Challenge.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.
All applicants will be required to fill out the application form below, which, together with supporting documentation, must be submitted to the committee for approval.